Monday, September 13, 2010

Meet Diane Christensen our featured student spotlight!
Diane is a sweet and cheerful yogini that represents All That Matters well.
When did you start yoga and what attracted you to the practice:
I started yoga to regain flexibility after running a marathon. I was so stiff and tight that I was having trouble doing simple things like getting out of my car!
What is your favorite style of yoga: I do both basic and heated vinyasa classes. I like this combination and each class helps me with the other.
What other activities do you enjoy: I also enjoy time with my dog ( a Bichon Frise), running, hiking and just about any kind of home improvement project!
Favorite sound: My favorite sound is the sound of an owl...especially on a summer night as I’m falling asleep.
Least favorite sound: Gunshots from hunters because I fear that an animal might be suffering...
Favorite meal: Pizza! (but only because I don’t think chocolate counts as a meal..)
What keeps you doing yoga: I keep doing yoga because it is fun and the mind/body health benefits are undeniable. My classes are like mini vacations. I always leave ATM feeling better than when I walked in!
Advice to beginners: Try not to let time constraints prevent you from doing yoga. If it is something you want to do, make it a priority.
What do you like most about All That Matters: What I like most about All That Matters is the teachers...they are outstanding! They provide great classes, skillful instruction and inspiration in all aspects of yoga. Thank you!

No comments: