Monday, January 17, 2011

Meet Tim Motte our featured student spotlight!
Tim is a friendly and dedicated yogi that represents All That Matters well

When did you start yoga and what attracted you to the
practice: It took me five years to come to All That Matters, friends kept after me to go, until finally one of my sea kayaking coaches ( a powerful paddler) recommended that I start. I immediately loved it. It has now been about two years!
What is your favorite style of yoga: I love Vinyasa, the challenge of the breathing through the flow. When the two come together, the power is amazing.
What other activities do you enjoy: I enjoy Sea Kayaking in many different bodies of water, and walking my dog Lanky!
Favorite sound: The wind of a Noreaster blowing against my house at night...
Least favorite sound: The wail of a crying baby...
Favorite meal: Any kind of hot and spicy chicken curry!
Great Movie or book to recommend?: Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat0Zinn and books by Thich Nhat Hanh.
What keeps you doing yoga: The strength, flexibility and conditioning benefits, but yoga also really allows me to present in the moment, much like the time I spend Sea Kayaking.
Advice to beginners: Take your time to experience a variety of classes and instructors. Once you find a combo that works, try to stay with your commitment to it!
What do you like most about All That Matters: One of the most outstanding assets is the amazing yoga instructors. I have received an incredible depth of instruction that some how continues to match my evolving needs, both on a daily basis as well as for the long haul. Thank you ATM!

No comments: