Monday, March 07, 2011

Meet Kristi Martel our featured student of the month!
Kristi is a friendly and active yogini that represents All That Matters well!

When did you start yoga and what attracted you to the practice: I was a jujitsuka, badly injured my back & yoga really helped . I loved the gymnastics of it.
What is your favorite style of yoga:  I started with Iyengar and loved the attention to alignment, but currently heated vinyasa is my favorite because I feel cleansed , rung out, and fully stretched.

What other activities do you enjoy: I’m a pianist, vocalist, songwriter, & dancer. Baking, swimming, knitting, spending time with my family, & teaching music.
Favorite sound:  the ocean, a barn full of horses, morning birds, my boyfriends voice.
Least favorite sound:  feedback while on stage...
A great inspiring book you recommend: Keri Hume’s “The Bone People”
What keeps you doing yoga:  Feeling more fully in body.
Advice to beginners: just keep showing up:) with my back injury I couldn’t touch my toes, but within a few months of practice I could, and after about 8 months I could fold in half again!!!
What do you like most about All That Matters: I like that there are so many classes. I like the desk folks and several of the teachers.
Any other words of wisdom?: Just be present to what is :)

No comments: