Monday, May 16, 2011

Meet Bob Votava our featured student of the month!
Bob is a friendly and active yogi that represents All That Matters well!


When did you start yoga and what attracted you to the practice: I was first introduced to Transcendental Meditation I would read related books but it wasn’t until years later when I realized what an asset All That Matters is to Wakefield.
What is your favorite style of yoga: I have only gone to the 50+ classes, and even though my family has ventured off to other classes, I’m afraid to leave my senior cocoon.
What other activities do you enjoy: Working with community organizations, traveling and exploring back roads both here and abroad, many times doing this on my bike.
Favorite sound: The voice of the one you love. Also, classical, opera or music by Pink Floyd:)
Least favorite sound: Morning Alarm clock...
Favorite meal: NY C Hot Dog! (w/ mustard and sauerkraut)

What keeps you doing yoga: For me, it has become a time to encounter Peace….it has
become somewhat of a religious experience
.
Advice to beginners: Depending on age, yoga can offer different answers for different needs. For youth, it can offer a component to a more sustainable, less materialistic existence. For seniors, it’s more of a concern with staying healthy, but this will hopefully lead to a more rewarding philosophical experience.
What do you like most about All That Matters: I appreciate that Joan Dwyer has created such an all-encompassing facility in Wakefield, so close to home. She has helped make our town very special within RI.
Any other words of wisdom?: Don’t be afraid to step outside your definition of security. Allow yourself the joy of experiencing different ideas, cultures, food...and of course, people!

No comments: