Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Meet Brandon D’Arezzo our featured student of the month!
Brandon is a courteous and dedicated yogi that represents All That Matters well.
When did you start yoga and what attracted you to the practice:
I actually remember taking my first yoga class in 5th grade and really liking it. Then I started in my freshman year in high school and have kept it up. I’m attracted to the general euphoric feeling I get from the practice.
What is your favorite style of yoga: Kundalini Yoga for the structuring it provides. The repetitions and mantras bring me to a centered place.
What other activities do you enjoy: I love reading and writing.
What is the last great book you read/recommend: Way of the Peaceful Warrior by the Dan Millman
Favorite sound: Gongs...
Least favorite sound: Shrill loud and shrieking noises...
Favorite meal: Got to be honest with Mac & Cheese
What keeps you doing yoga: Yoga keeps me balanced place in my life. I seem to gain more and more from each class.
Advice to beginners: Just sign up and go! Once you sign up for a series you are really encouraging yourself to keep going. Also, try as many different classes, teachers and styles you can to see what is right for you!
What do you like most about All That Matters: The whole atmosphere and feel of the place. Plus I really enjoy that there is a library here. I like to use the library for a quiet place and to study or relax and read.

No comments: