Monday, October 10, 2011

Meet Seychelle Hoffer, our featured student spotlight!
Seychelle is a wonderful and kind yogini that represents All That Matters well.

When did you start yoga and what attracted you to the practice:
I started about 7 years ago and was happy with the increased strength and flexibility that I noticed. I found that yoga complimented my other physical activities, and over the years yoga also benefited my mental focus and connection to my spirituality.
What is your favorite style of yoga: Vinyasa, although I enjoy an occasional Bapriste Power Class.
What other activities do you enjoy: I love being active in any way, especially outdoors! I like gardening, hiking with my dogs, reading, writing, and cooking vegetarian food.
What is the last great book you read/recommend: Even Cowgirls get the Blues by Tom Robbins.
Favorite sound: The ocean, especially in the early morning when the beach is still empty and quiet.
Least favorite sound: Monday morning alarm clock...
Favorite meal: Tofu/Veggie pad thai from Seven Moons:)
What keeps you doing yoga: How great I feel after every class! No matter how stressed or tired I am heading into class, I always feel energized and rejuvenated by the time we hit savasana. Yoga is healing for both my body and mind, and the physical strength and flexibility are nice side effects.
Advice to beginners: Try a variety of different classes to find which is the best fit for you. Approach yoga with an open mind and be prepared to feel frustrated at times. It’s not a competition, and if you stick with it, you’ll find the benefits will be amazing!
What do you like best about All That Matters: I love the sense of community, I have met some amazing people here—both teachers and students. I feel as though I can leave stress at the door, fully relax and devote some time to nurture my mind, body and spirit.
Any other words of wisdom: Yoga has taken me places I never would have thought possible, both directly and indirectly—I can’t imagine not having it in my life.

No comments: