Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Interview with Myra Partyka, Reiki Master


Myra is now offering Karuna Reiki at All That Matters. We thought this woudl be a good time to share this article on Myra again.

Myra Partyka is a Reiki Master trained in the Usui system of natural healing, as well as a certified hypnotherapist and a depth hypnosis practitioner (trained here at All That Matters by Isa Gucciardi). She teaches all the levels of Reiki at 
ATM and also sees clients on a regular basis. A pillar of ATM since 1998, Myra says, “It has been an honor to be part of that family – for my own personal growth and also to witness others in their unfolding.” 

First Encounter with Reiki 
MP: About 15 years ago I was quite sick with Lyme disease, and my sister said, 
“Myra, why don’t you try Reiki?” I didn’t know what Reiki was at that time and 
thought it meant raking someone’s lawn! My sister explained that it was a form 
of natural healing. So I went along, open to the experience. Well, that was it! 
After the first treatment, I felt so relaxed and experienced incredible peace. The 
stress in my body from the Lyme’s disease was melting. When the dear teacher 
told me, “You can learn Reiki for yourself,” I knew this was the direction to follow. 
I took off with Reiki, which at that time helped me heal physically, mentally, 
emotionally, and spiritually. I am so grateful for the gift of Reiki, which continually 
helps to support me in all areas of my life. I also know Reiki can do that for others. Reiki has the potential for healing body, mind, and spirit, and we all need that so much today. Whether one is experiencing the daily stress of life, or a physical or emotional challenge, Reiki works. 
What Is Reiki? 
MP: Reiki is a form of non-invasive, hands-on healing that reduces stress and 
allows the body to relax, so the body’s own self-healing wisdom can accelerate. 
Evolving 
MP: Since I’ve been teaching Reiki, it has been of great importance to me 
personally to heal and grow spiritually, so I may be of greater service to others. I 
continue to learn and take different trainings, a process which has led me to 
hypnotherapy, to past life regression therapy through the Brian Weiss Institute, to 
cranial-sacral work. All this has taken me to deeper levels of understanding and 
growth. 
As I continue to learn and grow, I am able to bring this wisdom into my 
teaching, my practice, and my life – like a carpenter gathering tools, learning 
how to use and fine-tune them. More accurately, I’m realizing that I am an 
instrument for grace to flow through, and I humbly embrace that. 
Cultivating Soil and Soul
MP: I’ve been a farmer all my life. I support my daughter wholeheartedly in the 
family business, The Farmer’s Daughter Garden Center in Wakefield. Being one 
with nature, with the land, is part of my essence. Now I’m taking that to another 
place – farming and helping cultivate my own soul, and being the farmer and a 
witness to other souls as they, in turn, cultivate and do their own inner work. 
Love for the earth – love for life – that’s what inspires me. The solitude of 
pulling weeds and growing things in my vegetable garden, in my flower garden, 
feeds my soul. Walking…being with nature. The trees know my life; they’re my 
witnesses. The birds speak to me, and I speak back to them too. 
I have a wonderful relationship with the natural world, which nurtures me 
and, in turn, I bring the love of nature, of farming, into the work that I do. I feel 
that expresses through me as I teach and learn. 
As I watch the flowers in my garden grow, I also witness and support 
others who come into my life as they learn or experience the gift of Reiki. 
Graduates Take Their Reiki Training into the Community 
MP: People are drawn to Reiki for many reasons. Some students train in Reiki for 
their own wellbeing. People share Reiki with their families. People work with 
animals. (A friend of mine works for a veterinarian. When she gives animals Reiki 
during a procedure, the veterinarian is able to give them less anesthesia. It 
brings a smile to my face because I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was 
young. We can share the gift of Reiki with animals and watch them soften. It’s so 
beautiful.) 
 Quite a few students work with Hospice patients. Some have taken Reiki 
into hospitals. Others open their own practice. Some students go on to teach it. 
That has been my path: Here is the gift of Reiki, take it and share it with others in 
your life – because it’s not to be contained. It’s definitely to be spread for others’ 
healing. It’s a gift you receive, and it’s a gift that keeps opening within you. It’s a 
gift that you can give, and in that giving you receive. 

Interviewed by Jane Bernstein 

No comments: