Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Meet Chelsey Hawes - June Student Highlight

Meet Chelsey Hawes, our featured student of the month.

Chelsey is a joyful and enthusiastic yogi, we asked her some question and thought we would share them with you.

What attracted you to yoga? Why did you start?
My mom introduced me to yoga. It was the best way for both of us to make time for each other, as well as ourselves.

What other activities do you enjoy? I love to travel, read, and cook. I have an obsession with cookbooks and finding recipes on the internet. Pinterest has become my savior for this!

What is your favorite style of yoga? Heated vinyasa because the heat and flow of the class allows me to easily move from asana to asana with more flexibility and openness in my body.

What is your favorite yoga pose and whySupta Baddha Konasana; it’s the most comfortable pose for me to relax and clear my mind in besides savasana.

What keeps you doing yoga? The feeling of complete relaxation during savasana that overtakes everything else going on in my body and my life.

An inspiring book or movie you recommend? This is such a tough question… but I think it would be The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It’s the story of a shepherd boy who years to see more of the world; through his travels he learns to listen to his heart and never give up on his dreams. It is truly a magical story, and so heartwarming.

 Favorite sound? The first sound of birds early in the morning on a winter day as the weather is starting to transition to spring.

 Least favorite sound? The scraping of a fork or knife on a plate. I cringe just at the thought of it!

Favorite food?  I go through phases. Recently, I have been loving anything I can make in my slow cooker.

Favorite place to be?  Laying on the beach on Long Beach Island with a good book and a nice breeze.

Advice to beginners? I still consider myself a beginner, but my advice to other beginners would be—keep an open mind, play to your edge and remember to breathe!

What do you like best about All That Matters? I love the atmosphere. As soon as I open the door, my body starts to relax and I feel ready to let everything else go.

Any other words of wisdom?  Love yourself unconditionally every day!

Thank you Chelsey!

No comments: